IGNITE is a Government of Kerala initiative, created with the objectives of
providing fresh graduates an opportunity to get sufficient exposure to IT / ITeS
Industry so that their ability to obtain employment is substantially improved, and
for industry to obtain candidates who could work and prove their abilities through a
longer period, before being offered for long term job positions.
The programme also offers financial incentive so that the companies can reduce their
financial burden on the stipends they are required to offer.
Important features of the programme
- Internship period will be for maximum 6 months.
- Government will provide a monthly subsidy of Rs. 5000 per month per
candidate to the companies engaging interns as a part of the internship
programme (to be administered via parks).
- IT parks will create awareness, conduct recruitment fairs, and monitor
the conduct of the programme by companies.
- Companies will do candidate selection based on their own selection
criteria and run the programme in a way that best suits their
needs however both the companies and candidates should complete the
registration on Ignite website to qualify for availing the Government
proposed subsidy. Ideally internship will be a combination to
training and projects.
- The hiring company should contribute a minimum of Rs 5,000 (excluding
the government stipend of Rs. 5000/month for the duration of six
- On successful completion of programme, completion certificates will
be issued by respective companies, and they may choose to extend
job offers to qualifying candidates.